Technical Information Aluminium Spray
Quality and properties
- 99,5 % durable, pure aluminium according to DIN 1712
- High-heat-resistant up to 600°C
- Protects from corrosion and weathering influences
- Suitable for misc. surfaces, such as iron, cast iron, stainless steel; the compatibility on aluminium and non-ferrous metals has to be tested before at an inconspicuous spot.
- After tempering resistant to dilluted cleansers
- Silver metallic, satin glossy; slight decline of gloss after extreme heating
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Silicone resin
- Colour: silver-metallic
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
not measurable, metallic
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.5 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Cured: after approx. 1 hour
Then tempering to 160°C in order to cure the lacquer coat
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: up to 600°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: European Aerosols is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Only for DE: In order to ensure a high reuse and recycling rate, the legislator requires, in accordance with §15 - VerpackG, Paragraph 1, the return of transport, sales or outer packaging, alternatively, however, deviating agreements can also be made.
Labelling: All products of European Aerosols comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Remove residues of old paint and rust.
- Slightly sand.
- The surface has to be possibly blank to the metal, clean, dry and fat-free.
- Shake can for 3 minutes before use.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm Abstand several thin coats:
- Layer thickness approx. 20-30 µ
- The thinner the layer, the better the temperature-resistance.
- After approx. 1 hour drying time, heat up for approx. 30 minutes (160°C) in order to cure the lacquer coat. Hereby you have to reckon with formation of smoke and unpleasant odour. Care for sufficient ventilation.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|ALUMINIUM SPRAY 400||400 ml||376047|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. European Aerosols is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to European Aerosols.
As of November 21, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.