Technical Information Bodyfiller
presto Body Filler is a 2-component polyester filling putty as mixture of a medium-elastic, highly reactive, amino-preaccelerated polyester resin with different mineral, environment-friendly fillers.
Applicable on metal, wood, concrete. To fill holes and unevennesses, to rework pretreated surfaces during repair on car body parts and other metal surfaces, for reconditionning and restoration of wood or concrete surfaces, e.g. steps of stairs, fitting of anchor bolts and screws etc.
For universal use in the entire hobby and DIY sector.
Localized corrosion holes with a diameter less than 12 mm, can be filled before with presto Fibre Glass Filler. Localized corrosion holes bigger than 12 mm diameter should be treated with the presto Repair Box.
For preparation and finishing your filling job, we recommend our presto sand papers. We offer a wide assortment of fine and coarse papers for dry and wet sanding.
Here cou find the presto application video spot.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: polyester resin with mineral fillers
- Colour: ochre
- Smell: styrol
- Consistence: soft, thixotropic, pasty
- Pot life / Working time at 20°C: approx. 5 - 6 minutes
- Working temperature: min. 12°C
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
can be sanded after approx. 30 minutes
- Flash point:
approx. 33°C (resin); not applicable for hardener
- Density at 20°C:
putty 1.85 g/cm³
hardener 1.15 g/cm³
- Addition of hardener: 2 - 4 % (optimal mixture 2,5 %)
- Temperature resistance of the cured material: 120°C
- Storage stability:
18 months if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
small ring tins; hardener: plastic tubes
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: European Aerosols is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Only for DE: In order to ensure a high reuse and recycling rate, the legislator requires, in accordance with §15 - VerpackG, Paragraph 1, the return of transport, sales or outer packaging, alternatively, however, deviating agreements can also be made.
Labelling: All products of European Aerosols comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The object you wish to repair should be de-rusted, clean, dry, fat-free and sanded.
- As a primer before and after filling we recommend the presto epoxy primer (please note the drying time).
- Take the requested portion of putty compound out of the can and mix it well with the corresponding quantity of hardener.
- Apply the mixed material in the desired layer thickness.
- Clean tools immediately after use, if necessary with a nitro thinner.
- Do not return mixed material into the can.
- After approx. 20-30 minutes the repaired spot can be drilled, sanded, sawed, rasped and painted.
|presto Füllspachtel 1000g||1 KG||600115|
|presto Füllspachtel 2000g||2 KG||600214|
|presto Füllspachtel 250g||250 g||600054|
|presto Füllspachtel 500g||500 g||833113|
|presto Füllspachtel 6000g||6 KG||600313|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. European Aerosols is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to European Aerosols.
As of November 30, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.