Technical information 2K Slow-Speed Clear Coat, Glossy
The ColorMatic 2K Slow-Speed clear coat provides through the long hardener at larger areas ideal application advantages. The decelerated drying time of the clear coat surface remains longer open and is therefore absorptive for spray mist. Thereby it is possible to paint larger units and at higher temperatures. It is highly fuel-resistant, resistant to U.V.-rays and weather influences. It provides very good flow, ease of polish and brillant gloss. Use ColorMatic spot blender for spot repairs. Old paintwork has to be fully dry.
Ideal for spot repairs and refinishing parts and for the painting of whole components.
Here you can find the film for 2K explanation.
Quality and properties
- decelerated drying time, therefore the painting of larger areas is possible
- safe long-term corrosion and oxidation protection on metal substrates such as steel, zinc, aluminum, copper, brass, as well as ground and brushed stainless steel
- ideal for the painting at higher ambient temperatures (25°C - 35°C)
- very high resistance to petrol, UV rays and weathering
- brillant gloss
- long pot life
- very good flow
- easy to polish
- best to use 200 ml can to avoid surplus
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of binder: Acrylic
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530?
glossy: 90 gloss-units
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0,3 - 0,4 m²
500 ml are sufficient for approx. 0,8 - 1,0 m²
solvent- and water-based base coats
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 5 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 10 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: to 120°C
- Storage stability:
36 month if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
2 components aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 200 and 500 ml
- VOC-value: 123,3g
24 hours at room temperature (20 - 25°C)
Environment and labelling
Environmentally sound: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
- Base coatings can be recoated with ColorMatic 2K hi-speed clear coat after drying for 30 minutes
- 2-3 full coats, 50µ
- Leave to dry for 5 minutes between coats
Mixing A components with hardener:
- Remove the protection cap from the bottom of the can and pull the pin out fully with the help of the inserted ring. This will release the knife, which will penetrate the wall of the aluminium cartridge.
- The cartridge will then rotate 360 °, be completely open and release the hardener.
- Shake the can vigorously to mix the A components with the hardener in the proper, predetermined ratio.
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray tests
- Pot life: 24 hours (20 ° C)
Ready-to-use coating materials containing isocyanates can irritate the respiratory system and cause allergic reactions. There is a risk of sensitization with inhalation of vapours and spray mist. When dealing with substances containing isocyanates, you should observe all guidelines for using solvent-based coatings. In particular, spray mist and vapours should not be inhaled. Allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are prone to respiratory diseases should not work with isocyanates materials.
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)
Hints concerning application
For an optimal coating result bring can to temperature prior to use (20 - 25 °C) and a relative air humidity of 45 - 60%.
Please note: a high air humidity can cause loss of gloss.
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 17, 2020
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.