Technical Information Silicone Spray
presto Silicone Spray is a high-quality lubricant for lubricating and protecting synthetic materials without leaving and marks. It is particularly suited to isolation when a flexible protective film is needed.
- Protecting for electronic contact from moisture and corrosion
- Lubricating seat rails, head rests and sunroofs
- Keeping door rubbers flexible
- On cold and warm water valves in heating systems and sanitary facilities
Quality and properties
- Prevents freezing and drying out of rubber parts as well as plastic parts from squeaking
- Impregnating effect
- Excellent adhesion
- Water repellent
- Antistatic effect
- Excellent mechanical and thermo stability
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Resistant to weather conditions
- Resistant to weak acids and alkalines
- Operating temperature between -50°C and +200°C
- No resinifying or coking
- Not poisonous
- Directed jet spray
- This product has a special cap containing a tube and a spray head, which can be used to reach tricky places
- TRG 300 compliant
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: Polydimethylsiloxaane (high quality silicon oils)
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: characteristic
- Relative density at 20°C: 0.72 g/ml
- Vapour pressure at 20°C: 3 - 4 bar
- Refractive index at 20°C: 1.403
- Disruptive strength: 14 kv/mm at a temperature of 20°C
- Temperature resistance: -50°C to +200°C
- pH-value: neutral
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Only for DE: In order to ensure a high reuse and recycling rate, the legislator requires, in accordance with §15 - VerpackG, Paragraph 1, the return of transport, sales or outer packaging, alternatively, however, deviating agreements can also be made.
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Bring the can to room temperature.
- Operating temperature 5° to 30°C.
- Cover coated or plastic parts with masking tape.
- The surface should be clean, dry and free of grease.
- Shake can for 2 minutes before use.
- According to condition and size, apply fine, even coats to the parts to be treated e.g. ca. 5 cm for door rubber or up to ca. 20 cm for a cabrio roof.
- For treatment of plastic parts and rubber, flash off for ca. 5 minutes and then rub with a soft cloth.
- Do not use on dashboard, wheel running surface, steering wheel and pedals!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Silikonspray 150ml||150 ml||429774|
|Silikonspray 400ml||400 ml||306345|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 4, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.