Technical Information CAR'S Rallye Paint
For contrast and partial lacquering, for example rally stripes at the car and many other purposes. Also applicable on rims and car body.
To embellish rims, we recommend CAR's Wheel Paint silver art.no. 385919 or gold 385902.
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi quality
- Very good coverage
- Excellent adhesion
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors applications
- Weather-resistant, light-proof, UV-resistant
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
- High surface hardness and good elasticiy
- Polishable, dirt-resistand surface
- Limited resistance against petrol
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: nitro-combi
- Colour: black or white, glossy, satin mat or matt
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 80-85 gloss units
satin matt: 30-40 gloss units
matt: <20 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.3 m²
600 ml are sufficient for approx. 2.0 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 50 minutes
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml resp. 600 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: European Aerosols is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Only for DE: In order to ensure a high reuse and recycling rate, the legislator requires, in accordance with §15 - VerpackG, Paragraph 1, the return of transport, sales or outer packaging, alternatively, however, deviating agreements can also be made.
Labelling: All products of European Aerosols comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Clean underground from dirt, fat and rust.
- Fill and sand uneven surfaces.
- If no filling with putty is necessary, apply a primer, e.g. CAR's Primer.
- Otherwise apply DUPLI-COLOR Filler on the fine-sanded filled surfaces. Before that, generously mask off the repair spot.
- If bigger areas have to be repaired, we recommend to mask off edges of the car body.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake the can vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Test spray to check colour-matching.
- The spray distance should be approx. 20-30 cm.
- Spray several thin cross-coats in 3 - 5 minute intervals.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. European Aerosols is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to European Aerosols.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 19, 2015
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.